Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Scratch first, itch later?

Isn't an itch the most unnecessary thing you can think of?
I mean, think about it - what does it DO besides being annoying?
It's an inconvenience with nothing positive linked to it, as far as I'm concerned.

The most unfortunate thing about itching, for me, is the fact that once I start itching, it lasts a very long time and I end up scratching for hours on end! 
I've tried using an old toothbrush, my hairbrush, various "rough" surfaced objects, and even my nail file (do NOT recommend), but nothing quite comes close to the satisfaction I get from using my nails... ahhh the 2 second bliss....
Having said that, I have also tried various creams, ice, hot water bottles and other techniques, and none have quite been able to match the soothingness of extra virgin olive oil massaged directly into the affected area. I would definitely recommend giving it a try if you suffer from a lot of itching. 

I'm hoping that humans will eventually evolve into itch resistant beings. A world with less inconvenience is, after all, important - super, very.

No comments:

Post a Comment